Monday, August 13, 2012

Metallica - Master of Puppets

I believe that I have featured Metallica before on this blog, but let me just make one thing clear: Metallica is one of the best in the genre, as so many fans have attested to. So why not give them a listen, and even more, to one of their best songs? I know I have given up my fair share of listening time for Metallica.

I digress: Master of Puppets has been called the best album of the group's long history by some fans, and is even well-received by the rest.With a deluge of songs we now recognize as classic Metallica, Master of Puppets brought thrash metal to a whole new level. I remember listening to this album over and over while studying long nights for some of my exams and papers (though, playing thrash metal as I studied for my classes doesn't make me the best college student).

Below, you can find an unofficial music video on YouTube for Metallica's Master of Puppets:



Some more info on Metallica:

"Metallica is an American Thrash band from Los Angeles, California, whose releases include fast tempos, instrumentals, and aggressive musicianship that placed them as one of the founding "big four" of thrash metal alongside Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax. They formed in 1981 when James Hetfield responded to an advertisement that drummer Lars Ulrich had posted in a local newspaper.

As of 2003, the line-up features long-time lead guitarist Kirk Hammett (who joined the band in 1983) and bassist Robert Trujillo (a member since 2003) alongside Hetfield and Ulrich. Previous members of the band are lead guitarist Dave Mustaine (who went on to found the band Megadeth), and bassists Ron McGovney, Cliff Burton and Jason Newsted. 

The band also had a long collaboration with producer Bob Rock, who produced all of its albums from 1990 to 2003 and served as a temporary bassist between the departure of Newsted and the hiring of Trujillo."

No comments:

Post a Comment